Armidale Montessori Preschool is seeking a Degree or Diploma qualified Early Childhood Educator for a full-time Room Leader position, to commence from the 22nd of November 2021.
We will pay an above award wage to the right candidate.
Armidale Montessori Preschool is a not-for-profit community preschool and long day care service specialising in providing a Montessori based education program for children aged 2-5 years. The Preschool has a warm and welcoming community, catering to families from many different backgrounds.
We are looking for a vibrant, motivated, and confident Educator with strong leadership qualities, to join our friendly, supportive, and dedicated team. We select our staff based on knowledge and values, passion for children and learning, and commitment to families.
The role of the Room Leader will be to work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and management to the staff working within their designated room. In conjunction with the Education Leader, the Room Leader will be responsible for supervising and guiding the delivery of a high-quality, inclusive Montessori program, and for ensuring the provision of a safe, nurturing, engaging and educational environment.
- ACECQA approved Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Current Working with Children Certificate
- Current First Aid qualification – including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Long Day Care or Preschool setting as a Room Leader (or similar leadership position)
- Understanding of Child Protection Laws and the responsibilities associated with being a Mandatory Reporter
- Thorough knowledge of the National Quality Framework, including the Laws, Regulations and National Quality Standards and Early Years Learning Framework
- A positive disposition with a demonstrable passion for working with children
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain respectful and ethical relationships with colleagues, children, and families
- Experience working within a Service delivering a Montessori educational program, or training in the delivery of a Montessori educational program
- Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development
Please include a cover letter along with your resume detailing how you meet the above criteria. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia and suitably qualified. For any role-specific queries, or a position description, please contact the Centre Director on (02) 6772 3628. All applications to be sent to the Centre Director (Dushani Gamage) via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be closing on 31st October 2021